Configure Your Domain for Google Apps Mail
Posted by on 08 November 2013 01:45 PM
This simple guide should walk you through setting up your domain to work with Google Apps (Mail).
1. Login into your cPanel (which is usually available at http://yourdomain.com/cpanel -- where yourdomain.com is your actual domain name)
2. Navigate to MX Entry.
3. If you have only one domain on your account, you will see MX Entries at the bottom of the screen, if you use any addon/parked domains you may have to select the domain you wish to edit from the dropdown menu.
4. If there is any MX Entry already present for the domain, delete it.
5. Add the following records:
6. Wait out the DNS propagation -- this can take up to 48 hours on some network, however this is unlikely.
Additionally, you may want to direct your mail.yourdomain.com record to Google Apps so that you can, for example, use it to login to your mail interface. To do this please open up Advanced DNS Zone Editor in cPanel. You will see a mail.yourdomain.com record (where yourdomain.com is your actual domain name you're adding Google Apps mail for) there which is a CNAME record, please change it to ghs.google.com. After the DNS propagates, this record will begin to function.
Please feel free to open a support ticket if something seems not clear here or you need any assistance with the above.