Reseller Central Startup Guide
The first thing to do is login to Reseller Central and create a new package as your main domain is not yet added to a server. Once you create a package with the necessary limits for your main domain you can begin creating your first account. When creating accounts in Reseller Central you can choose where you want to have the domain name located, so after entering your domain, username, and password you can choose where you want your account created and which package you want it to use.
Note: we recommend adding your main domain in a separate location from your clients in cause there is an outage in one data center your clients can still contact you.
- Log in to your Reseller Control Panel at http://cp.hostnine.com
- Click Add Package, to begin setting up a new package
Note: now there are a list of default packages pre-configured for you to choose from (Small 1GB Disk 20GB Bw, Medium 5GB Disk 100GB Bw, Large 10GB Disk 200GB Bw, Super Unlimited) for quick account creation.
- Continue with package creation steps
- After you create your first package click Create a New Account to setup your domain
- Choose the package you just created from the next page
- Once your account is created login to your domain registrar and set the nameservers to the nameservers listed in Reseller Central
Note: those name servers are apart of a DNS cluster so it's very important that you use them as listed.
Upload Your Website
- Begin uploading to your account now by using a FTP client or the File Manager
- If you are using an FTP method simply put in your sites IP address under the host field and use port 21
- Once you're connected upload your files to the public_html folder
- To replace the default place holder page you must upload an index.html, or index.php in all lowercase lettering (file names are case sensitive with Apache so this is crucial).
Control Panel And Important Links
Reseller control panel http://cp.hostnine.com
Control Panel http://yourdomainhere.com/cpanel
You can view your site before the DNS has propagated at http://ip-from-welcome-email/~usernamehere/
If you need to update information or deal with anything billing-related you can do so in your Customer Area.
If you pay by credit card you can setup recurring credit card payments or manually make payments when you are emailed regarding an outstanding invoice right from your Customer Area.
If you pay by PayPal you will need to manually make payments when you are emailed regarding an outstanding invoice by logging into your Customer Area. You can also setup a PayPal subscription on the billing page to have it automatically paid.